A Bit About Us
Xykon is an IT consulting firm that specializes in providing strategy and management consulting services to our clients. However, we don’t just advise our clients on what they should do. We also implement solutions for them or connect them with vendors who provide the particular service that they need. We are experts in cyber security, risk analysis, software development, and network architecture, to name a few.
We have degrees and certifications in the areas of computer science, electrical engineering, telecommunications engineering, graphic design, and cyber security. We pride ourselves on rapidly resolving security issues, developing standards-compliant code, architecting elegant solutions using the latest sustainable technology, and delivering top-tier full life-cycle IT support services to our customers.
We like to think of ourselves as being creative innovators, bleeding-edge technologists, and overall geeks. If you think these descriptors also fit you, consider joining us!
Right now, we’re looking for a Junior IT Analyst.
Title : Junior IT Analyst
Travel : Up to 25%
Remote work : No
Citizenship : US or Lawful Permanent Resident
This position will be based in Washington DC and challenged to meet the following broad goals and objectives:
- Assist with performing tests, analyses, and assessments
- Produce technical documents
- Collect requirements for application development and assist project managers in maintaining documentation
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Conduct trainings
- Manage ticketing system
- Ensure timely execution of company initiatives within budget and scope
- Interact with vendors, partners, potential clients, stakeholders, and internal teams
- Assist with writing technical proposals and managing projects
- Create, edit, and manage content
- Identify and pursue new opportunities for Xykon’s products and skills to be used
- Assist with updating websites and social networks
- Assist with front-end development
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in information technology or related discipline.
- Entry level knowledge of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and security best practices.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to stay focused while managing multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong critical thinking/analytical skills, self-motivation, creativity, and a proven drive for quality.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Project or any other project management system.
- Experience in JIRA or any other issue management system.
- Ability to program using HTML, CSS, JS.
- Must be a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration:
- COBIT certification
- PHP or any other website development knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Linux command line and SQL
- Drupal and WordPress
Xykon is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.